CEMA invites applicants for “Maritime English” language lecturer position/ 10 August 2021
In the pursuit of the ideals of excellence, standards and performance levels promotion of our staff as well as aiming the acquisition of professional skills that ensure high degree of efficiency and distinction, the Centre of Excellence for Maritime Affairs at Durrës Port Authority wishes to invite applications to fill the position of English language lecturer. The candidate should coordinate both a “Maritime English”terminology proficiency as well as general English competency with the purpose of developing outcome-based language assessments which are fully integrated into our institutions field of expertise.
Professional English language qualification will be provided to Durrës Port Authority personnel at B1, B2 and C1 levels of proficiency.
The purpose of this course is to provide our staff with vital, transferable knowledge and skills in areas such as:
• Marine Communication and Standard Maritime Terminology
• General knowledge on navigation, vessels and its engineering components; logistics; port security, maritime service systems etc
- Organize and implement an instructional program exclusively designated for DPA employees that focuses on the acquisition of “Maritime English”, to assist them in their day-to-day tasks, performance and responsibilities.
- Ensure a level of language acquisition proficiency for students in accordance with the STCW (Standards of Training, Certification, and Watchkeeping) Code.
- Apart from general competence the curricula should incorporate the professional “Maritime English” modulations which will enable our staff to integrate maritime terminology into workplace duties.
- Enable personnel to communicate and negotiate successfully with clients and port operators.
Criteria that applicants must meet:
- Bachelor Degree (BA) in English Language; English as a Second Language, applied English Linguistics or Literature
- Master of Science (SM) in English Language; English as a Second Language, applied English Linguistics or Literature, or equivalent required. A focus on university-level teaching is preferred.
- The candidates should have very good indicators regarding their academic achievements during both levels of study (not below grade: 8 – Albanian educational system)
- Have completed national and international certifications and training in the required field
- Have scientific articles published in international journals.
- Possess the necessary qualification in accordance with the module or curriculum, for which they will be employed as certified trainers such as: diplomas or references of university-level professional experience;
- Must have 10 plus years of work experience in the relevant field;
- Have the ability to present and transmit accurate and clear information to participants;
All interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- University diploma and transcript (diplomas, which have been obtained abroad, must be accredited in advance by the “Ministry of Education, Sports and Youth”; Copy of education certificate attested by a notary
- Copies of relevant qualifications and training documents, attested by a notary as well as publications and participation in scientific conferences;
- Copy of your work experiences certificate
- Copy of ID card, or any other identification document;
- Police Clearance Certificate of the appointee issued by the Judicial Status Office
- Detailed draft program on the training subject or module with the relevant curricula as well as the selected literature for the respective programme of study.
Note: The deadlines for document submission is 18.08.2021
Documents should NOT be submitted by hand.The documentation must be submitted only by post to the following address:
Durrës Port Authority,
Lagjia 1, “Rruga Tregtare”